To Catch a Bite: On the Road? Pack a Picnic.

Mrs. E. and I are at Duke University in Durham, NC to get her second opinion from some specialists. Since the appointment is for mid afternoon, we decided to make a night of it and have dinner out before returning tomorrow. That makes this a road trip.

In the early morning hours before we left, we stopped by to see The Architect, at his insistence. He had packed a picnic lunch for us to take on our little jaunt. Thoughtful, comforting and romantic, add a convertible and the hills behind Monaco and we might have been in a movie. I wouldn’t have thought of it, but a very good friend did. This was an Easy and Elegant Life gesture in all respects.

I have much to learn, dear readers. Fortunately, I have the very best examples to follow.

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Elegantology and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to To Catch a Bite: On the Road? Pack a Picnic.

1. Trey says:

Good luck with everything. If you spend much time in Durham, Magnolia Grill is one of the greatest restaurants on the planet. Gourmet or Saveur did an article in the last few years about the great authentic Mexican restaurants in the area.

2. M.Lane says:

What a great pal! Best of luck to Mrs. E.

ML
    mlanesepic.blogspot.com

3. barG says:

What a wonderful thing to do. Wishing all the best to Mrs. E.
    BarbaraG

4. Turling says:

Brilliant by the Architect. And, sad to say, something that never would have crossed my mind. It looks as though we could all learn a thing or two from him.

5. Paula says:

Difficult times bring out the best in people. Your friends are anxious to help–let them and lift a few of your own burdens and responsibilities. It is good for everyone involved. I suspect you are blessed with many, many good friends.

6. pve says:

Now that sounds like a marvelous plan and a thoughtful friend indeed.
    I do hope there was a split of some bubbly. I shall add this to my list of things to do for friends. (French Riviera Picnic basket)
    My thoughts are with you and the elegant Mrs.E.
    pve