Easy and Elegant Life’s How to Wear Colour, Texture, Pattern

Still working away on the Manse, room by room, and am very pleased with my progress, even if things are going a bit slower than anticipated. Please forgive my continued absence from the scene.

In response to a reader’s request from the other day, I thought some of you may like the photo above. (Remember to click through several times to get really up close, if need be.) It shows, in close-up, what I try to do with colour, texture, pattern and my continued quest to make peace with blue jeans. This is my carpool-running-late-kids’-doctor’s-appointments-going-to-pick-up-groceries-and-then-clean-the-Manse-in-early-autumn ensemble of the day. By mid-afternoon it was too warm to wear the sweater, but driving with the windows and sunroof open was delightful. As long as it wasn’t raining.

Back in a bit. Thank you for your patience and for reading Easy and Elegant Life. Please peruse the archives at your leisure.

This entry was posted in Elegantology and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Easy and Elegant Life’s How to Wear Colour, Texture, Pattern

1. Jay says:

Thanks. I was just zooming in on prev pic to determine the pattern when this was posted.

oh … good morning.

2. Paul says:

The whole thing looks great! I’m crazy over gingham shirts this year – nice one you’ve got on.

3. David Toms says:

That is a gret combination. I always try and do similiar combinations

4. pve design says:

I love that! Today, I am mixing a houndstooth with a polka dot….I love mixing patterns and color! Super combo!
    Good luck with the manse!
    pve

5. Tom says:

Details on the jacket, please? I’ve seen one of the fictional “Hilfigers” wearing something similar in Tommy’s new print campaign, but haven’t been able to locate anything similar online.

6. Love the blue and orange especially. (A UVA alumnus, by any chance?)

7. barbaraG says:

I’m enjoying your posts on patterns…I love mixing them too. The orange just does it.
    Keep us posted on the manse.
    BarbaraG

8. Thanks all.

Staircase, Mrs. E. is a Wahoo. I’m W&M.

9. Michele says:

I think you have rocked this blue jeans look! Well done.

10. Michele, thanks. I’ve never really rocked anything before. Well, since 1987 at least….

Tom, Ancient J. Crew, believe it or not. Really the only new clothes I have are those made for me lately.

11. David says:

Well done as usual. It’s great when such patterns can match up so well. Also, I’m a big fan of the double windowpane tweed, I’m looking forward to the day I can find one in my size!